Saturday, May 30, 2009

Moving is hard

That is seriously the name of a children's book that someone gave us the last time we moved. It's got this blond haired kid on the front clutching his teddy bear with tears in his eyes. Yes, thank you who ever gave that to us. It was comforting to our small children!

But yes, we are moving. Am I ready? No! At least i don't feel ready. i am not packed because we have movers that do that. (People keep asking me that and it adds to my feelings of not being ready tremendously.) I haven't used up all the food in my refrigerator. But tonight we have 4 or 5 little girls spending the night so they should make a pretty good dent in the food. Do you think they will be okay eating Mango chutney with a spoon? I also have a supply of salad dressings I need them to eat straight.

Despite the logistical side of moving, we are very very excited. The new church is fabulous. The new house is very cool. The new town is gorgeous.

Now if we can just get through the next 5 days...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can empathize, really. And not to beg for recognition here or anything - but since your last move, I've done it THREE times! The stress is unequaled by anything. But - yep - just get through these 5 days and the payoff is pretty fun, sounds like!

Muddlin' Mother said...

Where are you moving??!!?!?! And, .. you'll never be ready, no matter what. So, try and enjoy it as best you can. Hang out on a lawn chair with a big pitcher of lemonade and a book while those packers move ya. (you need to stay out of the way anyway).

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Ha! My plan for the day the packers are here is to redeem my mother's day massage gift certificate, get a pedicure and have lunch with a friend. I know where I'm not wanted!!!