Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The cliche checks in (Or what the world looks like with ten pounds less of me)

I blogged here about how much I disliked being a cliche but I was joining weight watchers in January with all the rest of the cliches.

So now, eight weeks later, the cliche is checking in....

before measurements:
Waist: 31.5
Hips: 41
upper arm: 11
Thigh: 21.5

Ten pounds lighter:
Waist: 29
Hips: 39
upper arm: 10
thigh: 19.5

Looking at it from a perspective of inches all in black and white, I have to say I am impressed with myself.  I tried on some clothes at Kohl's yesterday and size 6 jeans fit very comfortably and a size 6 skirt was WAAAAY too big.  Didn't even think to bring a 4 back with me.  (Just typing "a 4" is a little freaky.)

When you are ten pounds lighter you suddenly run faster.  I just finished 4 miles in about 39 minutes.  That's really fast for me.  When you are ten pounds lighter, clothes that you have avoided suddenly make it into the comfy clothes section of the closet and the comfy clothes look ridiculous.  Being 10 pounds lighter also makes me feel quite a bit sexier.  Hubby has enjoyed that!  

Being ten pounds lighter and really liking that also makes me a little anxious that the weight is just going to magically appear back on me one morning.  I'm going to wake up and realize it was all a dream, I didn't just lose that weight.  It is really an odd feeling to have such an obvious fantasy like that creeping into my conscious.  I am also conscious of my pride about it.  I don't want to be vain but it is nice to look in the mirror and feel good.

I can see a difference in my stomach first and foremost.  It is flatter and wrinklier.  Being plump hides the loss of elasticity in the stretch marks.  But that doesn't bother me at all.  I like my wrinkly belly button.  I can feel a difference in my arms.  The muscles are more defined.  I can tell a difference in the way my bras fit (which is a bummer for hubby but having smaller b*0*0Bs when you started at a full C isn't a bad thing in my book!  Today I think I can tell a difference in my face a little. I think my eyes look bigger.  Is it possible to lose eyelid fat?

I have three more pounds to lose to be at the top of the acceptable range for weight watchers goal weight.  Which is definitely where I will declare my goal to be.  It will be interesting to see how I do at maintenance....


3 comments:

K. said...

woo hoo! congrats on the 10 pounds! it gives me some hope, and I have a lot more to lose than you do.

Unknown said...

Soooooooo great!!!
Yay for you!

Kathy said...

congratulations! I know you have worked hard!