Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Final Countdown

So here we are on Christmas Eve Eve. I have donw my part to keep the economy going for one more year. I think I'm going tohave to brave Wal-Mart one more time tomorrow morning. My plan is to get up early and run, it's pretty chilly here now (probably in the upper 30s in the morning) so I shouldn't be too gross and sweaty and then hit Wal-Mart before 8 a.m. There's an accessory that we need for the double secret classified gift and I am hosting Christmas morning brunch for 15 people and realized that I probably ought to have some OJ to go with the rest of the food. We don't drink OJ so I don't think about it but offering water, milk and coffee is a little limited. I'm also on the hunt for some good tamales for Christmas Day dinner. I think this is the first ime in about a century that we don't have plans for Christmas Day dinner. Last year the big meal was delayed a day because of violent stomach virus that invaded my parent's house. We all liked having that downtime so much that we decided to delay Christmas Dinner until the 26th again this year. Anyway, I want tamales but I think I'm a little late in starting my search. (YA THINK!) There's a little tamale stand out in front of someone's house about 10 minutes from my house that I used to pass when I was going to the community college for my nursing school prereqs. It is worth a stop over there to see if they are open tomorrow. Of course, buying tamales from a stand in front of someone's house is also just asking for the violent stomach illness of '06 to return! I think I actually want the tamales enough to risk it!


Church starts tomorrow at 3 p.m. with the first of the children's services. Two youngest are singing in their choirs at that one so we will attend as a family. Then it is off to my mom and dad's for dinner. Then hubby has to assist at the 9 p.m. and 11p.m. lessons and carols services. I think the girls and I might try to attend the 9 p.m. service. I've never done that with the kids before but I think they are old enough now and it sounds kind of nice. I might take them to look at Christmas lights before hand in the really old weathy neighborhood. How's that for a christmas bribe: "If you will go with my to church at 9, I'll take you to look at Christmas lights on mansions." My kids wouldn't be able to resist!


So that's the plan stan...I'm feeling surprisingly serene given the time of year. It's kind of nice. I think I'll have a cookie.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, friend!