Thursday, December 6, 2007

Procrastination

Things that I can do instead of studying...
1. Clean! Always a good productive use of possible study time. I swept the kitchen and den, vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen and folded several loads of laundry.
2. Run! I ran 4 miles this morning. Now generally I am a pretty slow runner but my 4 miles was pretty quick for me at 44 minutes.
3. Surf! There's always the internet to distract one from the books. I did pretty good not spending too much time on that because there's nothing to show for that time. Way too obvious of a procrastination method. Check out the clip of Jenna Bush calling her Mom and Dad unannounced on the Ellen Show. Pretty Funny!
4. Talk! Talked on the phone with Teri for about 30 minutes. I folded clothes at the same time. Excellent use of time!
5. Calculate! My favorite way to procrastinate from studying is to get out the calculator and figure out what grade I need to get on the final to make the grade I want in the class. For example, in my pharmacology class I can be a no-show on the final, take a zero and still pass the class. For my more high acheiving self, if I can squeak out a 64 on the final I'll have an A in the class. I think for my clinical class I need an 86 on the final for an A in the class. I can't remember the rest of them.

So there you see it. Now you know how I spend my time when I really outta be studying!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE the Jenna Bush clip. Cute family, those Bushes!
High five for procrastinators. Right before a final used to be the only time I'd dust the top of my pot shelves in my apartment.