Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas Review by Bulletpoint

  • Kids got great gifts and were surprised! #1 got an ipod (I'm sure you heard the screams!) #2 got a guitar (I know you heard those screams or certainly heard the strumming over and over and over, "Listen, I think I'm playing 'I Want My Mullet Back'"), #3 got a digital camera.

  • The big Christmas secret was a Wii given to the girls by some folks at our church. We've never had anyone do anything like that for us before. They also gave me a REALLLY nice designer purse (I've never had anything like THAT before) and Hubby a new suit. WOW!

  • We did not make it to a second church service. Youngest was exhausted by 7:30 and it just wasn't worth dragging her back to church for more churching. Hubby got home at 12:45 a.m. He hasn't had to do the late services in several years so I'd kind of forgotten how hard that makes Christmas morning.

  • Ate tamales Christmas night. They came from a proper restaurant and were delicious. I kind of missed the feeling of taking my life into my hnds eating tamales that were prepared who knows where!

  • I got some casual jewelry for Christmas (which I asked for) from hubby and my friend and my oldest. Cute stuff to wear with jeans and the like. My mom gave me my great great grandmother's engagement diamond as a necklace. That was a shock! Did not expect diamonds for Christmas! It is beautiful and rather LARGE!!!!! HEHEHEHe.

  • Hubby also gave me an FM transmitter for my Ipod (So I can use my ipod in the car) and I gave him an FM transmitter for his ipod. I was expecting mine but I surprised him with his. hehehehehehe

  • I also gave hubby a "BUTT-OUT" which is a very useful tool for field dressing a deer. And the look on hubby's face when he pulled it out of his stocking was priceless.



  • Went to Dallas with my two youngest and my parents while hubby took oldest deer hunting.

  • Stayed up until midnight with my brother the first night in Dallas having the most honest and indepth conversation I've had with him in probably 20 years.


  • Took my girls to the American Girls store in Dallas with my mom and my neice. Aiyiyiyi. Very crowded. Insanely crowded. Don't need to do that again!

Returned home to lots of laundry and Christmas that needs to be taken down and put away. Got the laundry done last night but Christmas hasn't even been touched!

Church today, hubby coming home tonight.



  • And that's the update!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, sounds like a great Christmas! And I have to say, a Wii is miles better than a fruit plate. That was so nice of the people at your church.

Unknown said...

Fun days! How's the Wii? A friend of ours says she got sore after a full night of playing!!! Yay for video games that make you move!