Friday, April 18, 2008

Oh One more thing


Watched this movie last night...
GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!  Captures all the ranting about birth I've done over the last 10 years in one well photographed 90 minute documentary.  How convenient.  If you watch it pay attention to the difference on the faces of the women who birth with no drugs vs the woman who sees her baby for the first time from the c-section table.  WOW!

Kinda got me fired up about L&D and all nervous again.  I can't imagine not giving L&D at least a chance as a nurse.  I know that I could make a difference at least for the families I work with.  

3 comments:

Nursapalooza said...

wow, sounds great! I wish i felt more sure where i want to be! I feel the clock tick tick ticking!

Oh...my test was cardio, and i did totally bomb it! come by if you want to hear of the destruction! ( a little dramatic eh?)

Unknown said...

I've heard (of course) great things about this movie in my little "community" of natural birthers. Can't wait to see it myself.

Muddlin' Mother said...

That looks like such a great movie! I think I'm the worst perpetrator,.. I'm the one who requested induction because of my scheduled life - getting back overseas with an infant,.. moving to California with an infant,.. horrible, I know. Then the doc who I know induced me to get it over with since we were both in the hospital. I did have a great nurse this last time who had five kids without drugs and she was a real inspiration to me - so think of that Megan - even if you touch one person's life, it means so much.