Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Rumors of a recession are greatly exagerrated


AT least if the stimulus package I pumped into the economy last week has anything to say about it.  I've now lost about 13 pounds.  I am .6 pounds from my Weight Watchers goal weight.  I'm running like a fool, about 15 miles a week or more.  You've seen my measurements so I've changed my shape pretty dramatically.  All this adds up to the fact that my clothes were looking a little ridiculous.  I had a few things that were really tight before that look good now but almost nothing to wear to church.  So my mom and I went shopping.  I stimulated the economy to the best of my ability.  Man, was it fun to have to ask my mom to get me a size 4 because those darn size 6s were just too big!  I got two new pairs of jeans 
(on sale at Macy's whoo-hoo) Levi's size 6 petite and they don't need to be shortened!  Love it.  I got a couple outfits at White House Black Market for church.(I had a gift card there from Christmas that i was saving for just such an occassion).  It really was a lot of fun.
I still have this nagging fear that all the weight is just going to magically appear back on my thighs.  I think part of it is that I've got some new habits for eating so it doesn't seem like i am following the plan as much because it has gotten easier to do without thinking about it so much.  I also don't get a ravenously hungry anymore which makes me think I must have over eaten at the last meal.  However, the scale keeps showing lower numbers each week so I really think it m
ust just be in my head.  On Sunday I took the girls to IHOP for breakfast and ordered a spinach 
and mushroom omelet made with egg beaters without hollandaise sauce.  I only ate half of it and at one pancake from my stack of 3.  It really wasn't hard because honestly, as hokey as it sounds that old Weight Watchers saying is true for me.  Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels.  Some goopy hollandaise and a plate load of syrup and butter just wasn't even close to being worth it! 

3 comments:

Muddlin' Mother said...

You are awesome! You'll be fine - I always find that exercising seems to regulate what I eat and how much - I seem to think more about what I'm eating and how it'll make me feel, you know what I mean? I think you'll be just fine!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to lose my weight, be skinny like my buddy Magan, and pump my check into the economy, too! Kevin already offered it toward my wardrobe, yay, hubby!

Nursapalooza said...

Hi, let me intro myself...I am a christian mom in nursing school as well, and also trying to lose weight, though you are waaaaaaaaaaay lighter than myself. Anyhoo, great to find more christian mom's in nursing school. Come by and visit sometime. Heather