Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Movie Reviews

Hubby and I have watched two very good movies of late. The first is Feast of Love. Little indie movie with a big cast: Morgan Freeman is in it and another guy whose name escapes me a the moment but I'll figure it out and add ti back. It is a little slow but I think ti serves the story well to be slow. It follows the lives of several people in a college town and asks the question, if you knew love would break your heart would you love anyway? It takes a while to get to the question and you can imagine the kind of relationships we see that beg us to ask the question. It is the kind of movie that doesn't have you hanging on every word because the plot is so intriguing but the kind that afterward you think about it a little and realize you are a better person for having seen it. Very deep, I know.

The other we watched last night. Juno. Great little movie. But aiyiyi, maybe Teri can help me sort this one oneu. As much as I think adoption is just an amazing thing it it just breaks my heart., Watching the birth scene and the aftermath, I have such a hard time seeing the creation of a family and get really sucked into the broken heart of a mother. I told hubby last night that I think if I do end up on L&D, i will do better as a nurse to a family who is having a stillbirth than a a nurse for an adoption. That sounds awful but I think the conflicting emotions would be just overwhelming and taumatizing in an adoption.

Gotta go to espanol!!! Adios!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah, Juno makes me nervous but it's on my short list, along with Bella which I'm anxious to see.