Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Where has the last 3 weeks gone????

So here we are.  It's been three weeks since my last post and I know the blog world is clamoring to know what happened to me.  HA!  Not quite...

Can I do an update by bulletpoint?
  • Finished the semester with all As.  Got an A in my med/surg class by the skin of my teeth.  Literally. Got a 90.22.  Works for me!  I like getting A's.  I didn't study much for any of my exams because I really didn't need to but I think I learned that I like getting A's more than I had admitted to myself.  I'll study a little more next time.  
  • I'm taking medical spanish for the next two weeks.  I think it has potential for giving me a very weak base of being able to communicate with spanish speaking patients.  Weak base simply because its only a two week class and I last took spanish about 15 years ago when I was in college. 
  • I'm going to Honduras on a medical mission trip in June.  The plan is to practice my spanish and practice some skills and hopefully help some folks in the process.  I'm very excited about that and honestly can't really believe it is going to happen.  
  • I have maintained my weight for the lat four weeks.  Two weeks to go and I'm Lifetime at weight watchers.  It has definitely gotten easier.  I don't have to track every point.  I don't have a desire to overeat as I used to.  I still have trouble believing I am so much smaller than before.  I went to Old Navy to try on jeans today not because I wanted to buy any (yes, I am sick) but because I wanted to see what size I wore there.  Shockingly, I wore a 4 in old navy jeans just as I have been buying size 4 at Marshalls and Ross.  My size 6 Levis that I bought in March are on the baggy side.  NEVER would have expected that in a million years.  I still have trouble believing it.  
  • Diagnosed an MRSA skin infection on my dear sweet hubby.  MRSA is the superbug that everyone is so scared of these days.  He had it a year or so ago and after every doctor in church declared it poison ivy or contact dermatitis, his wifey said why don't you actually go to your doctor and don't get too close to me with that stuff.  It cultured MRSA and he was on Bactrim for 1 month.  Looked over at him last week and saw little bumps on his knee.  I shrieked and said, "Get that away from me!"  Just kidding.  I calmly said, "Your MRSA is back, call the doc and get another round of bactrim and get ointment bactroban this time because the cream isn't generic."  Always thinking of his and our pocketbook's well being.
  • Ran another 5K that was associated with the elementary school carnival. The course wasn't well marked and the runners including your truly got off course.  So the 5 k was actually about 2.8 miles.  I was on track to finish under 30 minutes though!
  • Almost finished Christ the Lord Road to Cana by Anne Rice.  It is just amazing to me that someone who was so hostile to Christianity, so lost, could return to the faith and write about Jesus like that.  I heard her say in an interview that she might write one more vampire book but only if she could figure out how to save Lestat.  Wouldn't that be amazing!  And just let me say that I read many of the Vampire books and liked them!  They're just very very dark.  
  • Gotta figure out what to have for dinner tonight.  What's the vote?  Can you still have soup for dinner when it is about 80 degrees outside?  I love soup and I don't usually serve it in the summer but i wish I could!

1 comment:

Muddlin' Mother said...

Yowza! You are doing so well! You better blog your trip to Hondorus - I'm jealous!! Congrats on the weight, that is just awesome! I know how great it feels to get down to a slim and slender figure. And I think I gotta read the Anne Rice book - both you and T said it was great. I like her vamp books too, she's a great writer and I like the historic stuff. How you do all that and go to school, I'll never know!!!