Saturday, May 24, 2008

School's out for the summer!!!!!


WOW!  Two semesters down, two semesters to go!  I am done with school for the summer and I couldn't be happier.  I finished my medical spanish class yesterday.  I am excited to try it out when I go to Honduras.  I didn't like Spanish much when I was in high school but I took it for 4 years!  I really liked this class.  I like the challenge of trying to figure out ho to say what you want to say with the words you already know.  Unfortunately we didn't get a whole lot of time to practice talking and listening which is definitely where I am weak.  I think I can say most of what I want to say but I'm not at all confident that I can understand the answer!  Quiero ir a Honduras hoy dia y practico mi espanol y trato ayudar los pacientes.  Oops switched over to espanol there!  
The girls still have two weeks of school left.  I've got to figure out what I need to do before they get out.  I haven;t had this much time on my hands in a long long time!  I've got some clothes I'd like to try and sell on ebay.  I may get some of those listed today.  I'm sure I can come up with some projects around the house that need to be done.  I mean really can you ever declutter enough!  And I can get back into my exercise routine!  As it gets hotter and hotter outside the idea of running becomes less and less appealing.  With my clase de espanol at 8 a.m. these last two weeks, I haven't gotten in as much running as I would like.  Even getting up at 5 a.m. I only have time to run 2-3 miles at the most before I have to leave for school and it is too hot after school to go.  We are planning to use part of our stimulus check to buy a treadmill (good Americans that we are, we will be spending much of it!)  I haven't used our YMCA membership much lately but I can see going in the summer more.  Maybe I'll give swimming a try...

No comments: