Sunday, September 14, 2008

Thank you poop!!!!

WE HAVE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And it is all thanks to poop. Apparently, our section of our neighborhood is int he same grid as teh sewage treatment plant for our city which is probably a mile from our house. Sewage is considered a priority power user. And once the priority is on, the whole grid is on. Thank you thank you thank you poop. We are cool, dry, and comfy. My parents are still without power but are spending the night. We have tried to get word to other family and friends that there is cool, a/ced space available but communications are still sketchy and tonight my parents are our only guests. I honestly feel a little guilty about having power while other are suffering. A little. Just a little.

I know I said it twice last night but I'll say it again tonight. We were sooooooooo lucky. Neighbors had their houses detroyed as their roofs peeled away and the rain water poured in on thier homes. Those that escaped immediate destruction are now faced with throwing away hundreds or thousands of dollars in food that they can't keep cool. FEMA hasn't shown up. Ice is in very very short supply. Two grocery stores are open with 3 hour waits to get in the door. Gas is non-existant. I don't know why we have been blessed but i would feel a while lot better about our good fortune if our hose were full of cool, sleeping bodies tonight. God be with Houston right now....

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds like your area got hit pretty hard. We have no idea over here on the West coast. We've been praying for you, though. And today Joe and Cayna were blowing the fire ants across the counter and yelling "Hurricane!" - Just so you know we're thinking of you.

I have to go share with Kevin how thankful you are to the wastewater treatment facility.

Glad you are cool and safe.

Home Sweet Home said...

Wow! I have been wondering how all this has affected you. You have been in my prayers.

Muddlin' Mother said...

I'm so thankful to hear you guys are okay and are there to help others who are going to need you during this trying time. I can't imagine how difficult this is for people. Take care and know that we are thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers!

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love has really impacted and changed their lives. Share your story, struggles, or testimonies. Blessings...