Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm ready for things to get back to normal...

And I have power so I probably shouldn't even think about complaining....

But, alas, we humans are creatures of habit and lack of normalcy makes us feel really uncomfortable.

I'm ready for the kids to be back in school. On Friday we will hit the two week mark with no school. I'm beginning to feel like our district is considering an all-homeschool model. We would be the pioneering district in the country! Thanks but no thanks. Mom is back to school but the kids aren't. That makes things a little challenging, schedule wise. And I know that the kids were just beginning to get into the school routine when all this happened. I can't even imagine being a teacher and having to start classroom management from scratch plus deal with all the reaction kids will behaving from the storm.

Speaking of school...Mom was just beginning to get into the swing of school. I had a schedule within my grasp. (Hadn't gotten it yet, but had promises of it!) and now we are back to where we started. Don't know nothing! And one of my clinical sites apparently lost their roof so who knows if/how that is going to pan out. Gives me a headache to think about it. I have two tests next week to try and get back on schedule with my classes and hubby is out of town so that makes shcedules with kids and finding study time even harder. I crave normalcy.

Next week, the insurance adjuster is coming out. I have no idea how that is going to go. I wish I could get a roofer to come and look at the roof before they come so that I can get a sense of what needs to be done. Even the little things that need to be fixed are overwhelming, how to schedule the repair people, who to call, when will they get to us, how to avoid getting ripped off. Whine, whine whine. I have it good compared to sooooooooo many people. But it is still reasonable to whine just a little!

Oh and one more thing...

The eye missed my house by about 20 miles. Still on my list of natural phenomenon that I'd like to experience I'll just move where I want to experience from my house to someone else's home in Florida.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So a line from "Tombstone" comes to mind, though I think you'll kick me for it:
"There's no such thing as normal life, Wyatt. There's just life."
And then he says "Get on with it," but I want you to still love me.

Seriously, though - I hope normalcy will reign again VERY soon.
Struck me as crazy that my dad forwarded an e-mail to me today of photos from Ike damage, primarily in Galveston and other close parts of Texas. Eek.