Friday, December 19, 2008

Hurricane Ike Slide show

So this wasn't in my preview but I just saw this on the Houston Chronicle website and thought I'd share. it is a slide show of their photos from the Hurricane. Look HERE
We also got our insurance check yesterday. It was very disappointing. As a comparison, my parents had similar damage (they had some water leak into an upstairs bathroom and stained the ceiling which we did not have) and their check was 3x ours! It all depends on the adjuster and how he writes up your damages. I haven't gotten the explanation that says what it is covering but based on how much it is I don't think they totaled our roof. I think they expect us to patch it. This is really bad news. First of it it just doesn't seem fair. EVERYONE around us is getting new roofs. Secondly, we are trying to sell this place. Who is going to buy a house with a patched roof when every other roof is new????? ARG! I think the worst part is the anticipation of having to fight with the insurance company and all the phone calls and all the hassle of trying to get what we deserve. So I'm going to pull a Scarlett O'Hara (truly my hero from middle school) and think about this tomorrow!

No comments: