Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Wrapping paper

I love wrapping paper. I said it in my Christmas email post, but the colors, the ribbons, the whole thing, I love it. I really think there is a frustrated designer or something in me because wrapping paper and fabrics speak to me. Either that or I'm just psycho because wrpaping paper and fabrics speak to me. Hey, it is 8 days before Christmas, aren't we all a little psycho by now???? Usually though, I am such a Scrooge that i buy it after Christmas then look at it all year, then finallyget to use it a whole year later, at which time the specialness of it has worn off a little. I often have 6 or 7 rolls of Christmas wrapping paper sitting around from my after Christmas sale forays. I also try to find non-Christmasy chrstmas paper so that I can use it for other occassions. Probably one of those things where I think I'm being oh so clever and the person who gets a Birthday present wrapped in red paper with silver polka dots (nothing OBVIOUSLY Christmas on it) thinks, "I guess she was out of regular wrapping paper and had to use Christmas paper." BUT this year, I went to my trusty wrapping paper bin and there was only one roll of Christmas paper!!!!! (Insert horror movie sound track here!!!) Off I went to Hobby lobby like the rest of the poor shopping souls to to buy my paper at merely 50% off. So here is my paper for the year....


The blue with brown deer is especially for hubby who is actually deer hunting at the moment. The deer on the paper are velvet! VERY fancy. Notice that three of the four could be used in the off season! Pretty clever!

I just want to explain why there is Fairly Odd Parents Christmas wrapping paper under my tree...Because really who would EVER buy anything lisenced Fairly Odd Parents let alone Christmas wrapping paper???? It was in the grab bag selection of a school fundraiser wrapping paper deal. You got three rolls of wrapping paper of their choice for cheap but you didn't get to pick them out. Go figure, they had some Fairly Odd Parents paper left over! My kids love it and I console myself that it ties in the blue from the deer and the red and green from the other papers...It's a stretch but work with me here, it is FAIRLY ODD PARENTS!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh - you ARE an artist! I have a real live artist friend from college who has her own website and everything who gets off on wrapping paper - I'm almost not exaggerating. I will have to give you a link to her site!