Friday, October 26, 2007

Buy Local

So today is my middle daughter's 8th birthday. She's 8. I can't believe it. It only seems like yesterdayI heard my midwife saying, "Come on Magan, push your baby out!" and I realized in that moment that I was the only one that was going to get her out, not my encouraging husband, not my doulas, not my midwife. Just me. I pushed so hard the blood vessels in my eyes hemorraged and I had little red spots in the sclera (the white part). But that push got her under the pelvic bone and I realized a few minutes later I was really going to have a VBAC.

Anyway, that isn't event he point of this post. The point is that I am going to have lunch with the above mentioned baby at school and wanted to bring her flowers just for fun. So I was debating about whether to go to a local florist I've never set foot in or run to Kroger. Went to the local florist but my fear was they would be way more $$$ than I wanted to spend and I'd have to walk out empty handed and embarrassed. On the way in i noticed a computer repair shop next door so I popped in there to ask about the click buttons on my laptop. The guy said he could fix it but it would be around $150 and the easiest thing to do would be to just get an external mouse for about $10 at Wal-Mart. Big DUH! moment for me. That's an obvious fix! But how nice of him to tell me that! So I go into the florist tell her I what I want and shy (chepa premade bouquet or even a single rose for 8 yo b-day.) She's low on flowers because her shipment comes in this afternoon but says she can do a red rose for me. Puts it in a tube of water, wraps it in tissue, adds a bow and says, "You're all set, there's no charge!" WOW! I hope I can give both of these businesses some paying business sometime soon!

No comments: