Saturday, October 13, 2007

pumpkin patch day from a mom of 11 years



I read "Diary of a Mad Housewife" this morning and laughed at the idea that once you've gotten over a few "firsts" of motherhood you stop taking yourself so seriously...


"Eleven years ago, I don't think I would have given a dollar to my DD for a tooth that wasn't even real. The "FIRST TOOTH" would have been too monumental a moment to mess around with and I would have told DD that the tooth fairy knew it wasn't a real tooth.I don't take myself that seriously anymore. I can't. There are too many monumental moments out there waiting for us to mess with them."




So today after a soccer game, I took the girls to a local pumpkin patch and grabbed my camera on the way out the door. I DID NOT coordinate their outfits to go with each other and highlight the gorgeous oranges of the pumpkins. I DID NOT bring a brush with me to make sure every hair was in place for photos, heck, I didn't even make them brush their hair before we left. I DID NOT scope out the best spot for pictures fully framed with grass, blue sky and pumpkins. And I DID NOT get any fabulous pictures. I also DID NOT get freaked out about it. Actually it was kind of funny to see some of the moms of toddlers trying to cajole their little ones into perfect smiles and perfect poses. So here are my little pumpkins!





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cuh-Yoot!!!
But this post makes me miss the pumpkin patch in Yucaipa!

Amy said...

Love the pics! I think we need to head to the pumpkin patch.