Saturday, October 6, 2007

It's been over a week!

Since I posted anything here. Sorry 'bout that my devoted readers...All three of you...Ha!

So I had my first hospital day. It was all orientation. The closest I got to a patient was seeing a guy pushing an I.V. in the cafeteria. I still really like Flo. She's a trip and a half. Turns out her daughter has been a counselor at the camp my kids go to. My kids didn't have her but it is a small little church camp so the chances of that connection are pretty small. Next week, the fun begins. Bed baths, complete health history and vital signs. I really am more excited than nervous. i think the idea of interactingwith the staff makes me more nervous than anything else. Everyone talks about how busy the nurses are on the unit and being polite but assertive if you have questions and don't take a curt answer personally it is only because they are all so busy. That makes me nervous! After my clinical day I have pathophysiology until 9 p.m. I was soooooooo tired on Thursday and I spent a good part of orientation sitting at a computer! I was also the only person in patho in wearing scrubs so unless there were some people skipping I am the only one the nursing school saw fit to schedule a day that starts at 6:30 a.m. and ends at 9 p.m. Who did I piss off to get that assignment?!?!?!?

Other news....
Today we are going to a wedding (hubby is officiating) and then we are having Natalie's b-day party. (Yes, those of you in the know, know that her birthday was Sept. 2, I just couldn't get starting school, and b-day planned in the same month, so sue me). We are having it a a bounce house party place. I have never had a b-day party at a remote location before. We've always done them at the house. When I planned the party life was so overwhleming I didn't care how much it cost I was just thrillled to have it somewhere else! I am thrilled to have it somewhere else still but feeling a little lazy not having it here and spending so much money! But when I really think about it, I would have spent close to the same amount on food, decorations, etc. And now I can enjoy the wedding without stressing about the party that I have to put on afterward. The girls are very excited about the wedding and the party. They don't know the people getting married but just the idea of being invited was pretty cool to them!

Off to shower and get lovely for the wedding!

No comments: