Saturday, October 13, 2007

Made it through my first clinical day...

I stayed very very busy and I got to do some cool stuff. Basic stuff but nonetheless cool. I gave two subq injections, passed oral meds, cultured a wound, saline irrigated the wound and made a hospital bed. See, told you it was basic! I never really expected that I would be totally into med/surg nursing and despite having a good day, I'm still not. It's really hard to see people who are that sick, that might get better from whatever made them sick, but then they'll still have to deal with all their other health issues. For someone who wants to fix things, it just feels a little pointless! Next week we'll try again! In the meantime, lots and lots to do. Paperwork from my clinical day, two tests next week. Soccer game today. Hubby out of town. I'm stressed but should probably be even more stressed!

No comments: