Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Ramblings....

Ramble #1: I don't watch Dancing with the Stars on a regular basis but have heard about Marie Osmond fainting after her Samba or Lambada or whatever she was doing. then I saw her interviewed on GMA this morning. She claimed that she fainted because of her allergies and the smoke in the air from the fires in S. Cal. I know I'm not a nurse yet but I have NEVER heard of anyone fainting because of allergies. She is sooooooooo clearly dealing with a health issue she doesn't want to talk about. Which is fine. She should be able to keep her health issues private but who told her to say it was her allergies? Even "I was so nervous about tonight that I didn't eat and my blood sugar got low" is more believable than my allergies made me do it.
Ramble #2: I get to observe in the OR tomorrow for my clinical day. I'm looking forward to it. The OR is very cool! But the best part is that I don't have to do any of the pre-clinical paperwork today. That is way cool!


Ramble #3: We have a German Shepard named Emma. She is almost 9 years old and we adore her! Occasionally she gets to run around the neighborhood when the gate gets left open accidentally. She always comes back when called pretty promptly. Well last night she got out and, with today being trash day, she came back with a little product of her scavenging. Guess what my brilliant dog brought home..... A STEAK! Yes, she found a steak in someone's trash and brought it home. Cracked me up! No, she didn't get to eat it. Table food makes her barf. But because she is a brilliant dog she dropped it as soon as I said, "Drop it, Em!" Love that dog!

Ramble #4: My laptop click buttons (I'm sure they have a proper name don't know what it is) don't work very well and it is getting very annoying. You click and sometimes it doesn't work. Sometimes you click once and it clicks three or four times. Need to get that fixed. Hope it isn't expensive.
Ramble #5: California Wildfires. Very very sad and scary for those folks. Reminds me of all the evacuation related to Katrina.
Ramble #6: Houston weather right now is absolutely gorgeous. Finally a real break from the heat and humidity. Highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s. Wearing long sleeves and long pants to run in the morning. LOVE IT! By mid October the Houston heat starts to get really really really annoying and it makes me CRANKY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your Emma is beautiful. We always had German Shepherds in my family of origin and I love them.

Muddlin' Mother said...

Yay Em! You know how at least cats bring back 'trophies' for their owners because they love them? Maybe your smarty dog was bringing you a steak! I need one of those! Smart dogs, I mean. Love Max, our rescue Shepherd, but he's definitely a squirrely dude and still more into himself than his family sometimes. I'll be getting no steaks from my shepherd any time soon. : )