Thursday, November 29, 2007

One less thing to do before I die...

So the mini storage place down the street from me was advertising a public auction on their LCD sign for today. I figured what the heck, there may be some great bargains, expecting that you would see individual stuff from storage units that had unpaid bills on them. Not so much. They auction off the Entire unit! And all you can do is look in you can't enter it before you bid. And you have to have it emptied that day or you pay rent on it for the full month. I watched four units get auctioned. The highest price was around $300. One unit went for $65. I did not bid on anything!

I also found that to look in someone's cluttered storage unit with garbage bags of stuff and broken furniture and whatnot is sorta depressing if you think about it long enough. In one unit right by the door there was a duffle bag that was full of photo albums. Someone's pictures got auctioned to the highest bidder. Kinda sad, ya know...

What would people think if they saw a storage unit full of my stuff? Trash or treasure?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the adventure element and not only would have come with you but might have insisted we buy something! Let's make the full list of things to do before we die sometime, huh?