Saturday, November 8, 2008

I have a blog and I'm not afraid to use it

I just might choose not to for like, oh, six weeks at a time. Sometimes when you have let something slide it becomes harder and harder to get back on track because of the embarassment factor because of the length of inactivity. For example, thank you notes. If I haven't written a thank you note within two weeks, I probably am not gong to do it. Not because I forgot but because I'm too embarassed to follow up so late. The worst is when I have totally put off going to the dentist or get my well-woman exam. They've sent reminder cards, called to remind me and now I'm months overdue and I just have to suck it up and make the appointment. Do they care? Probably not. Probably not...what am I saying, of course NOT!

Anyway, so here I am posting on my blog after a six week absence that was extended by the shame of going back to something after that long. (That and the fact that seriously, like two people read my blog and I absolutely perform better with an audience.) Do I promise to be better? Nope. But I'll try and post often enough to avoid shame based extended absence. And get some therapy for my neuroses related to thank you notes and doctor's appointments...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, thank the Lord. As one of those two readers (that you know of - you might have a secret fan base) I miss having some Magan in my day - 'specially since our phone time is not what it used to be!

Muddlin' Mother said...

We are so happy to have you back. You've had a little to do, or do I need to remind you of some bad weather, that little schooling thing, a few kiddos, a husband, a house,.. I think you've been a bit busy ! : ) But if it makes you feel any better, I did start off my pap test visit with "I'm here for my 6 week appointment, but I'm about 8 months late." Better late than never, that is a motto to live by. : )