Monday, January 5, 2009

Christmas in Review

Well, first what was given and what was gotten...
I gave hubby...


When he opened it, he had a bit of a puzzled look on his face, kind of like, "Why did I get this?????" About three days after Christmas, he was rocking out to Aerosmith and turned around and said, "This is sooooooo much fun!" I knew he would like it! SCORE! (And truth be told, I really like it too!!!!)
We gave the two younger girls...


They seem to have lost interest in Barbie but when they saw the dream house on T.V. they REALLY wanted it! So in hopes that it might keep them little girls for just a little longer we got them the Barbie Dream House for Christmas and my mom got them some new Barbies (can't have a new dream house with Barbies who have had multiple haircuts!)


Oldest daughter got a cell phone this summer and ran it through the wash in October. TRAUMA!!!!! You haev no idea. I had an upgrade coming so I bought myself a new phone and gave her my old one. MORE TRAUMA! The horrors of having mom's OLD phone. Grandparents to the rescue... They didn't even know phoen couldbe upgraded and in my mom's words "Why would I want a new phone I just figured out how to use this one!" So the LG Shine joined our family
And for mom...Heavy metal...




Yes, I got a gun and jewelry. Hubby admits that the jewelry was a CYA just in case the gun didn't go over well. Good thinking! But after a trip to the gun range on New Year's Day, I like my gun.Shooting is a lot of fun. I'm pretty good at it and there's something just cool about knowing how to handle a 9mm. Hubby says he's going to put my practice target in the window (like a security company decal) with a note that says, "This is my wife's target practice. She aims low."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is SO COOL that you got a gun. I think that might win some contests for most unique gift. I like shooting, too. And I love James' idea for practice!