Saturday, January 17, 2009

More on nursing school and elephants....


After my first week of nursing school I wrote this post about how overwhelming it all was and how I was going to take it like eating and elephant ... one bite at a time. (On my site meter I get fairly frequent hits to that post from people googling "Mom and nursing school". You could leave a comment you know...) So Tuesday starts the last semester of nursing school. I can hardly believe it. In some ways it feels like i am sitting down to the last juicy wonderful steak of the elephant. In other ways it is still overwhelming to think about all that has to be done this semester. 240 clinical hours at two different sites. Hoping that I get a good clinical placement when most of the school placements (We are in public schools this semester for our community health experience) are at LEAST and hour's drive from my house. (Please pray that gas continues to be under $2/gallon and that half of Houston decides to go all green and quit commuting and while your at it add some prayers for a flying car, no, no skip the flying car, let's pray directly for someone to just "Beam me up" to my clinical sites. Let me know if you get any answers to that one.) Then there's that little issue of getting a job...It's not that I'm worries about landing a job, its just one more area of unknown. How do you get a job as a new nurse?????? IT will all work out and all that it is just more unknowns and if you haven't figured it out yet from my blogging I have a small amount of control issues. Very small. Microscopic actually. One more semester... one more semester....

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.