Friday, January 9, 2009

Pistol packing Momma

So hubby and I went to the gun range today and I got to get a little target practice in with my gun. This is our second time out and apparently I am a pretty good shot! Imagine that! As strange as it sounds it really is a lot of fun. I hope to take the ladies only handgun class at the range in February. I'm sure there's a lot of have to learn and it would make me feel safer with my gun. Any way, the point of this post is to show my pictures that prove my pistol packing status!

This is me with hubbys Glock 22 .40 caliber. It is a bigger gun than my 9mm and i was a little scared to shoot it at first. But I really liked it after I got used to it. And as you can see form the target that went with it at 8 yards (about 25 feet), I was pretty good with it! If you look carefully at the shot with me holding the gun you can see the shell being ejected. That's pretty cool!





This is with my 9mm. It was behaving strange and jamming up today. That freaks me out a little. I don't lke my equipment to let me down. But I got over it and figured out what to do when it misfires. I stil don't like it though. My target wasn't as good with this one. I was practicing bringing it up and firing quickly and my accuracy suffered a bit as a result.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very cool. I bet you'll love that class in February.