Monday, March 19, 2007

Currently watching House!

I love this show!!!!!! House is such an A$$ but, oh heavens, it totally hits my biology buttons! That Anatomy and Physiology class and Microbiology class, I actually get to put them to use watching this show. They throw around phrases like "Elevated Neutrophils" and I think "IT'S A PARASITE!!!!!" and the patient had a tape worm, thank you very much!!!

So why do I care about all this stuff?

Well, I'm currently trying to get into nursing school and have taken a couple biology classes as prereqs for that. I was expecting to persevere through A&P and micro and found out that I LOVE IT!!!!!! I loved physiology especially. Learning how the body works and why it works the way it does is fascinating to me. And I have made more than a few friends and family members sit through and impromptu lecture about why something aches or pains and how very interesting that is. Most of the time they humor me because I have some really kind friends and family but I don't think they think it is as interesting as I do!

So here I am watching my fav show, House....And loving every lumbar puncture!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the ROTFLMBO emoticon? Lumbar puncture, indeed!
You're already off to the best, most Magan-est start! (I'm wondering how I might work "lumbar puncture" into my blog - hmmmm.)