Wednesday, April 25, 2007

to get up or not to get up....

My alarm went off at 5:30. I planned to get up and run 4 miles this morning. I was pretty awake when the alarm went off. Ready to get up. I hit snooze as I always do so I can stretch a little and pnder getting out of bed when I heard sheets of rain start beating the roof. I am a pretty fair weather runner and pouring down rain sent me back to the alarm clock for a 6:30 reset. Re-woke up at 6:30. Big mistake. I am so groggy I can barely think straight. The extra hour of sleep was hardly worth it. So i'm trying to wake up looking outside where it is wet but not raining and probably a great day for a run, but I missed it. Bummer.

In 25 minutes I have to wake up my 10 year old. She got her hair cut yesterday and it looked so great, long layers with side swept bangs. She was so pleased. By the time we got hme from church though, the houston humidity had done a number on her and she was pretty frizzy. We had a post traumatic haircut reaction. (See my post below for some symptoms). It wasn't pretty. So I promised her I would get her up a little earlier this morning and would help her try and do her hair. I am really really scared. I am never able to do her hair to her satisfaction. And this morning there's a lot riding on it....SCHOOL! She's only 10 but it is times like this that really make me fear the teen years.

I finished my Government class yesterday. Believe it or not, in Texas, in order to get a BSN, I have to take 6 credits of government. So when I'm working on that catheter for you, feel free to ask me about elections, the constitution and political parties. This summer I have to take the other government class and probably American history. Both are on the internet so it isn't that bad, it is just an annoying waste of time. However, since it is done, i have a few weeks to read fun books until I have to gt started with the summer school books. I'm starting with A Midwife's Story per Teri's recomendation. I'm sure it will be great an inspiring, perhaps even give me some insight into the utility of government in a Midwife's career.

Off to heat the flat iron...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My, what a morning! How did the hairstyle turn out?

Keep us posted what you think of the book!!!