Thursday, September 27, 2007

Week Six

So it is week six of nursing school. Next week i go to the hospital for the first time with my clinical group. Next week we will just be doing orientation but after that I will be responsible for patient care for a 5-6 hour period once a week. We've been practicing skills in the lab for the last 6 weeks but it is a little freaky that someone is going to be subject to my first attempt to give an injection, insert an NG tube and - gasp - administer an nema.





Speaking of nemas...





Just what you wanted to read about on a blog, huh....





Today during lab we had the priviledge of watching an instructional video on how to give an nema. Now, giving an nema is not something I'm looking forward to certainly but if bodily functions totally gross a person out then nursing isn't a good career choice. So I accept the neccesity of doing gross stuff. My issue really is that there is a woman out there who chose to get an nema as part of an instructional video. Who are you???????? How much could MedCom (the company that made the movie) possibly pay you to make you let nursing students watch you get a tube up the hiney inperpetuity? I suppose I should be grateful to you for furthering my nursing education but iyiyi, I just can't imagine!

I've had two more tests and two more A's. I have to thanks Dr. House once again for his contribution to my good grades. Seriously, two things that were on House directly related to stuff we learned about this week. Have I mentioned that I LOVE that show! Anything that reduces the study time, right!

On a happier note, it is a lot of fun meeting new people and making new friends. I've met some really nice people so far!

No comments: