Thursday, February 26, 2009

Oh to have my problems, seriously...

What is a girl to do when the painters show up the same day that the housekeeper is scheduled to come?????? Yes, I have a cleaning lady and I'm not ashamed (too much). I love her and she keeps me from having the EPA declare my house a superfund site. Cleaning is not my deal: I'm not good at it, I don't like it and I have no problem letting someone else do it. But today, the painters showed up. You gotta love the Hispanic concept of time.

Scene: Saturday, I'm at clinical. Hubby is supposed to get an estimate from the painter.

Hubby: Sounds good. When can you get started.
Javier: Hmmm, like maybe next week.
Hubby: Like early in the week, Monday.
Javier: Yeah, or maybe later.
Hubby: Like before the weekend, maybe Friday?
Javier: Yeah like that or maybe Saturday.

Hubby (reporting to me): Yeah, I hired Javier. He's going to paint the house. Don't have any idea when.

So Javier is painting in my dirty house. The cleaning lady is not coming. And if I stay in the paint fumed house any longer I am going to be unfit to drive a motor vehicle...

Adios. I'll be back to blog maybe tomorrow, or like maybe next week. Yeah I'll come back then. Seeya!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

tee hee hee...
are they both single? they might have hit it off between paintstrokes and tub scrubbing

PLEASE don't inhale too many paint fumes and crash your car...

But if you do get on some funny paint fume high - call me so I can listen to you, okay?

Baby-Mama Runner said...

So this morning I'm in the car with Madeline and she asks me if you can really get high from sniffing a Sharpie. And I say well yeah I think so. Then I think to myself, Hey, I'm gonna get high this afternoon when I get my filling. And just then Madeline says have you ever been high mom???? I cracked up and said, Not illegally but I expect I will be this afternoon! On a side note, it wasn't a cavity, no filling, no laughing gas, mommy managed to not get high today!