Monday, February 23, 2009

What are the signs and symptoms of pretzel withdraw?


Some things you should know about me. I am addicted to pretzels. The saltier the better. When I was in college Rold Gold had a different formula for their pretzels than they do now that included a lot more salt. My roommates used to brush the salt off because they were too salty. Not me. Loved them. Those were the days. I eat a lot of pretzels. Especially in the evening. Like while watching T.V. If you eat pretzels while drinking cheap white wine, the white wine tastes better because of the salt from the pretzels! If you drink diet coke with pretzels the diet coke tastes better too. But diet coke tastes best when consumed with Fritos. But I digress. Or actually maybe I don't. So eating pretzels is a way to eat something that is crunchy and salty without eating what I'd really like which is Pringles or Fritos or Salt and Cracked Pepper Kettle Chips.

Number two thing you should know about me....I don't usually give things up for Lent. No real reason just never been motivated. This year I am giving up pretzels. Why? Becuase I want to see if I can. Because it would be a real sacrifice. Because I think they might make me retain a little water. (My fingers are a little tight this morning after the pretzel fest last night.) Becuase I think I eat way too many of them!

So I put this in my blog to make myself accountable. I'll update you as the season progresses!

If I end up in the fetal position rocking myself in the corner of the pantry muttering, "Rold Gold, Rold Gold, Rold Gold." I'll get Madeline to take a picture...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good to know what you're up against going in...
Yes, have Madeline take a picture of that. Then have her hand over some pretzels.
Blech. Pretzels are something we don't have in common. My dad just sent 5 1-pound bags of specialty pretzels from Pennsylvania and I just don't appreciate them.