Sunday, February 1, 2009

Brief updates...

So once again blogging is suffering as the schedule starts to get kind of crazy but here goes on some updates. (Particularly because I can't see to catch Teri at home!)
1. We are getting a new roof!!! Yippee!! The materials for it are sitting in the drive way and we expect the installation this week. Thank you very much Texas Windstorm Insurance Association.
2. My fingernails are short again. Isabella gave me a manicure for Christmas and for about 2 weeks they were so pretty and even and relatively long. But chop chop and they are short again.
3. Graduated from physical therapy with newly developed abs and significantly less pain in my back. The pain came back early this week and I was able to get everything back in alignment doing some maneuvers they taught me in PT so that was good. I will never neglect strength training again. (Famous last words!!!)
4. I got my clinical assignment for the semester. I'm going to the NICU at Texas Children's Hospital. I'm excited. Very excited. But I never expected to go to the NICU. There are so many people in my class that would kill for that it is just surprising to me that I got NICU. I know I'm going to love it and I'm probably going to be very good at it. I guess I'm surprise I got something that good!
5. No, I don't know what area I want to go to when I graduate. It is worse than being a senior in high school when everyone makes conversation with you by asking where you want to go to college and what you want to study. I like lots of stuff and I don't know where I'll end up!
6. My eldest daughter is taller than me. How did that happen?????? She is also a very good writer and has a wicked sense of humor.
7. My checkbook no longer balances to $4242.42. The fear of bill collectors forced me to pay up.
8. I am totally inspired reading about Teri's half marathon training. Being injured I got out of the routine of running but when I go, I really love it. AND being stronger in my core has made me faster. I'm running three miles in under 30 minutes. (29:49 counts as under 30 minutes!)
9. I'm still working on Christmas weight. I know what the problem is. I know how to fix. I just haven't done it consistently. I need to count every point and quit eating so many carbs. There I said it. Now I just have to do it!
10. Don't really have anything for #10 but it seems like a good place to end a list...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whew! This will suffice until we can meet on the phone again.
Can't wait for the NICU for you.
And yes, your daughter is a good writer and does have a wicked sense of humor. Can't believe she's taller than you! I remember her first pair of size 1 shoes!!! What's she wearing now?
Happy new roof and new abs! Get back out there and we'll pick a race to run together midway between Nevada and Texas. So... somewhere terrible.