Sunday, February 22, 2009

Sad Week

So last week I kept wanting to blog but it was just a sad week and I blogging seemed like a massive pity party. Since I got through the week now I'll blog about it. It is still a sad week but I dunno, now I choose to blog.

So first there was our friends whose 16 year old was killed in a car accident. You can read about their family here. Who has their life's tragedy profiled in Reader's Digest only to have their life sustain a second tragedy the same week???? It is suffering on the scale of Job. Hubby did the memorial service and it was amazing. I was very very proud to be the Reverend Dr. Mrs.

Then one of my babies (nurses have their own language in the NICU - any baby that you take care of on a regular basis is "my baby") from the NICU died. I knew he was not long for this world. I knew he was much much better off in the arms of Jesus than in anyone else's arms. He was never going to get better. He was in incredible pain. But he was a sweet little baby and when he had a good dose of morphine going he would interact a little and I just liked him. So when I read the email that he died I was very sad. I should have been glad he had a new body and was done suffering but I was just sad.

And lastly, we talked to a realtor about listing our house and it ain't pretty. (Well, duh, Magan, have you read the news about the imploding mortgage market and the economic crisis?????? Yes, thank you very much, but I don't have to like it!) If it sells, we will lose a little equity to get to closing. Bummer. Sigh. Could be a whole lot worse. A whole lot worse. And I have gotten some perspective on it given that the equity that we have came from selling a house that wewere able to buy because our church gave us a down payment that we repaid out of the profits and then had profit left for our next house. Just a little whine, a small whine given other people's housing situation. On the plus side I found a very cheap painter who is going to freshen up a bunch of stuff and fix some hurricane damage for $1300. Maybe I'll get another Siesta picture to add to my collection!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, Magan, I'm so sorry for your friends' terrible loss. I don't know how they'll cope but I pray somehow they will.

It does sound like a very sad week, all in all.