Tuesday, May 8, 2007

School update

So I went to orientation...

Met a few classmates (I can hear my mom's voice, "Did you make any new friends today?"). The class is very diverse, old - young, male - female, black - white - latino - asian. They didn't scare us too much. It will be hard but they stressed the 89% retention rate saying that they want us to succeed and will do everything they can to help us get through the program. The schedule is going to be difficult the first semester. I have two night classes and then one early morning clinical (Be at the hospital at 6:30 a.m.!) so I'm holding my family to their promises to help get me through all of this.

The best part though was, gasp, ordering a stethoscope! How official!!!!

So I guess this makes my decision official, I'm going with Hard and Presigious over Cheap and Easy. But for the ultimate in irony, within an hour of when I got back from orientation Igot an email from Cheap and Easy congratulating me on my acceptance!

No comments: