Tuesday, May 22, 2007

"This is Going to Be the Best Summer Ever"

Said by my 10 year old on the way to school this morning on the last Tuesday of the school year. And you know what is funniest about that statement....She has no idea that in 3 weeks we are going to Disney World! Hehehehehe. Almost makes me look forward to summer.

Almost.

So the good things about the summer are:
  • Vacation to Disney, cousin's house and the beach in Alabama.
  • Our annual church family camp at Mo-Ranch.
  • The slower pace without school taking up 7 hours every day.
  • Hopefully a road trip to San Antonio to go to Sea World (we got season passes after going at Spring Break).
  • Swimming a lot. The girls are old enough that means that mom gets to sit on the deck and read a book!
  • Maybe getting hubby to tile the master bath (a girl can dream!)

Scary things about the summer:

  • No school to take up 7 hours of the day. I love my kids but I'm just not the kind of mom to miss them while they are at school.
  • The heat. I think I dread that more and more each year.
  • Stressing about T.V. and computer use. They do it too much but it's too hot to do much else. I alternate between thinking it is fine and fearing that they are all going to be fat and brainless because I didn't insist that they go outside and play.
  • Taking government and history online while the girls are all home all the time.

So we're ready for another summer with the good and the scary. I'll keep you posted on which side is winning!

No comments: