Thursday, May 3, 2007

Thunderstorms

I just read this post http://krisgirl.blogspot.com/2007/04/morning-deliciousness.html in Krisgirl's blog and the very next night we had a booming thunder and lightning show complete with two of three children showing up to get in bed with us. It seems that even among those who think the family bed is a little odd, a thunderstorm is a good reason to let the kids pile in. I've never heard of anyone letting a kidlet Cry It Out in the middle of a thunderstorm. Perhaps because we parents are instantly transported back to those feelings of being so small in the face of something so loud and out of control. In the face of thunder the difference between a 50 pound first grader and a slightly larger mom is pretty small! I was glad to snuggle those little bodies next to me while the storm boomed itself out and I was glad to return them to their bed when it calmed down knowing they would come back if they needed to.

No comments: