Sunday, September 23, 2007

Weekend Update...

It's been a quiet weekend. Hubby went dove hunting so its just been me and the girls. My friend and her kids came over for dinner Friday and Saturday nights for spagetti night and waffle night. I love having breakfast for dinner! The best waffle recipe on the planet is from Heloise, the advice columnist...
Heloise's Waffles
Ingredients:
2 Cups biscuit mix
1/2 Cup oil
1 Egg
1 1/3 Cups Club soda
Mix together and cook on a hot waffle iron. The batter will not keep but you can freeze the finished product.

I've made waffles from scratch with egg whites that are beaten stiff and folded into the batter. Heloise's waffles are much better and are soooooooooo much easier.

Today the girls and I will go to church, come home and I'll probably do some housework, laundry and whatnot, and study some. Pretty boring...

But in just a few minutes, I am going to go run. I probably have time to do about 3 miles before I need to get home and get ready for church. It is cool again this morning and I am going to take advantage of it. My running schedule has definitely suffered since starting nursing school. I miss it and my waist line misses it more. I have some new Kindlings Muse loaded onto my ipod. (The Kindlings Muse is this very cool website with podcast interviews of "thoughtful creatives" as the host calls them usually having something to do with faith and culture. I found it through Katiekind. Thanks!)

Last on my list today is to continue praying for Teri. Baby number 4 is now about 12 days over due and labor is just puttering along. Praying for her stamina and her spirits. Who knows...Maybe there is a baby already and I just haven't gotten a call yet...One can always hope!!

No comments: