Thursday, November 8, 2007

Leave it to a 6 year old to bring you back to earth

So after my cautious post about how wonderful things are going my 6 year old cried off and on for about an hour yesterday that neither of her parents were going on her Kindergarten field trip. Now really, this kid has a flair for the dramatic and I saw a significant lack of tears in all te wailing but I just had to laugh at the irony of it all! And the funniest part is that when I was a full time stay at home mom i couldn't go on field trips with the other girls because I had a baby or toddler at hoem that i needed to take care of!

Karen - Thanks so much for your comments. I soooo appreciate what you said. I was thinking today that it is true that the girls don't need me as much any more. So I guess the balance is that even though I may have been happier working when they were little, they needed me too much. My sense of fulfillment and happiness is easily sacrificed because of their need for me to be there. And because they needed me more being home with them was pretty fulfilling for me too. Now , though, they are older and our needs have balanced out some. And that is why all of this is working out so well.

Off to see what I made on my Pathophysiology test...

No comments: