Sunday, November 11, 2007

Patho test!

On my last post I was off to take a patho test. Took it, aced it, went home and enjoyed a glass of wine with my hubby! I got a 95 on the test. I LOVE getting good grades. I'm sure everyone does but getting an A on a test is the same thrill as finding a really great bargain on something that you really needed anyway, or realizing that you've lost weight. It is a thrill that says with me for a couple days. And with the way the nursing school curriculum is about the time that thrill wears off, I've got another test to take! Ha!

I'm getting a lot of questions from my classmates about how I study. And the fact is that I don't study for hours on end, which I'm sure is just demoralizing for those that do study for hours and then barely pass. One thing is that I realized how much I have learned about medicine just from having kids who get sick with normal kid stuff and who have gotten sick with some pretty out there kid stuff (we had a rheumatic fever scare a year ago, turned out it wasn't but I learned a lot fabout rheumatic fever and valvular heart disease in the process). So my new answer is that I have kids and I watch House. I still don't think they believe me! I think the real answer is, I have kids, I watch House (and pay attention to the medical stuff looking up things on the Internet that i don't understand), I have subscribed to the Medscape weekly rundown of exciting new journal articles for a couple years (and I read a couple of them!), I read books about medical stuff just for fun, and friends and family have called me for medical advice for a long long time and I'm usually right in line with what their docs tell them. So I guess that's why I get good grades on the tests!

Oh, and, 6 year old survived her fieild trip just fine without us.

No comments: