Sunday, November 18, 2007

Photo of the week...

Yesterday we all loaded up in the truck for an afternoon of Geocaching and outdoor fun. (If you don't know what geocaching is click the link above, it is a lot of fun!) We headed about 45 minutes south to Brazos Bend State Park. The park's claim to fame is its alligators, 100s of them. Unfortunately we didn't see any gators but we did see this guy...

James isn't really holding it but it looks like he is. Pretty cool. His hand is on the other side of the web to provide a background. The rangers will tell you that these guys are harmless but I maintain that if one got in my hair because I walked into its web, I would be seriously injured as i fell into a lake in my mad screaming fit to get it off and then the gators would have me for lunch! So far, knock on wood, we've seen lots of spiders on our adventures out there but have managed to steer clear.

2 comments:

Muddlin' Mother said...

OMG,.. THAT would keep me out of nature FOREVER,...

Unknown said...

Very cool photo. I myself have deadly spiders - MANY of them right in my backyard. Kev killed two more black widows on the kids' play car yesterday---gads.