Friday, November 28, 2008

Oh the pies, the pies, the pies!

I LOVE the food at Thanksgiving. I love the potatoes, the turkey, the gravy (oh the gravy!) the stuffing (Love love love the stuffing). But the best part is the pies. I love pie. Ya know, now that I think about it. The pies would eb even better if we didn't eat them ON Thanksgiving. Then I could eat more stuffing and gravy without even considering having room for dessert. We could wait and eat pie the next night and spread Thanksging over TWO days. Now THAT'S a plan! Check in next year to see if I convinced the rest of the world...

Pie Making at our house. The mess is worth it!:


Apple Pie hot out of the oven:



Sugar Cream and Pecan:


Cookies made out of the trimmings from the pie crust. YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!


Natalie likes the cookies too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM!!! The pies look like they turned out perfectly. And crust cookies are a good idea, though I suppose I shouldn't name them that.
Spreading Thanksgiving out over two days --- not a bad idea.

We have opposite food tastes. I don't like stuffing, and pies are low on my list of dessert faves. But I would for SURE try the sugar cream if I was there for dinner - I don't think I've ever had that kind. Intriguing.