Saturday, November 15, 2008

So, Mom, how do you want to die?


This is the question I was asked by my 7 year old in the car today. It was just the two of us which is pretty rare. But that is definitely a question you don't expect. So i told her something pretty boring (If I'm young I hope it is cancer so I have time to say good-bye and if I'm old a massive stroke would be pretty good.) So after a little discussion (Apparently, my mom said she'd like to die eating ice cream out of the container with my dad. Love that!) I asked her, how do you want to die? "I want to go for a walk at night in a beautiful place with my husband." Isn't that awesome? I asked if I could come too because it sounded good to me. Sure, she said. Then a few seconds later, "But Mom, I think you'll already be dead by the time I'm old." Moment over, but I hope I remember that forever.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, my gosh - that tale is too full of great thoughts!

"Moment over" for sure. I am cracking up.

Now, gotta consider my answer to that question.

I hafta say - your choice of "massive stroke" is a landsight more depressing than that of your mother and daughter. Must be the medical in ya. :)

Unknown said...

By the way, care to share with inquiring minds what you searched to find that picture of the old folks walking away from the camera?

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Sure, google images "old people walking in a garden". I have a mind that thinks like google. It is a talent that no one appreciates...

Unknown said...

Well, I appreciate it! You're awesome!! :)
And now I'm laughing again.