Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Surprising self discovery from nursing school

I have small hands and short fat fingers. Not a value judgement just a fact. And I have always tried to grow my fingernails out because I thought it would make my fingers look longer. Problem is that when my fingernails get long they bend and look very very odd. They are also pretty thin so they are never long all at the same time. When I started nursing school they told us we had to have short fingernails in the clinical areas. I sadly cut off my fingernails. Guess what?!?!?!? I love having short fingernails. They look so much better. No amount of growing my fingernails out is going to make my fingers look longer. And having short finernails that aren't all twisted and funky looking is much much better than what I had before! Here's a couple pictures, and actually, they are a little on the long side compared to what I've been doing. Off to happily clip and file!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, what a discovery!
I'm in the "fan of short fingernails" club for SURE. Mine are always short because I HATE catching them on things, tearing them, and so forth. And, furthermore, I am a germaphobe. I could make a well-documented case for being that way thanks to my germaphobe Aunt Helen, R.N., so be careful before you roll your eyes.