Wednesday, August 8, 2007

2 days post op

So here we are. Two days on the couch. I've seen more disney channel shows than I care to think about. I know this is all part of recovery but I'm BORED!!!!!!! I'm certain, though, I'd rather be bored than dealing with a hemorraging child. The doctor wanred us about tonsillectomy breath being pretty bad. Oh BOY, he wasn't kidding. It started this morning. The first thing i thought of was that is smelled like charred meat. Which makes gross sense since they use a cauterizer to seal the blood vessels and create scabs. Sorry if you are reading this in the morning over breakfast!

On another subject - being home caused me to do a little internet research on our sick bell. The clapper (the part in side the bell that makes it ding) says "El Camino Real 1759-1905" so i googled "El Camino Real Bell" and found lots of information about a project to place bells along the historic El Camino Real in California in 1906. These bells were also sold as souvenirs at gift shops along El Camino Real and at the California Missions. From what i know of family history I would guess that the bell is from the 1930s or 1940s so not quite 100 years old. But very cool to know where it came from. Ain't the internet great! To the left is a close up of a replica bell that was dedicated in LA in 2006. The black and white to the right is a vintage picture of an original bell.

No comments: