Sunday, August 12, 2007

Look out HGTV...

My bathroom is finally finished! It has been a work in progress for about a year. I wish I had before pictures. It was so horrid! It all started when I got a hankering to strip off the UGLY blue floral kinda Victorian wall paper last summer. It ended with ripping out the grey carpet and tiling the floor. I love it! the paintings are from a trip hubby and I took to China about three years ago. We bought them at a student artist's exhibition and had a really fun time meeting one of the artists. When we got back we were going to have them framed but were quoted about $150 EACH for the six painting we bought. We paid less then that for all six! When I decided I really wanted to do the bathroom around the paintings my mom saved the day by using ready made frames and artists' paper to mount them. Total framing bill for all six paintings was $120.





The paintings to the right and left are the four seasons or the four beauties. You can't really see the detail but they are really lovely!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic! You guys did a great job. I love the paintings and the tile. Very slick. Way to grout!

Muddlin' Mother said...

Is it okay to covet thy neighbor's bathroom?!