Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Random things about me

1. I currently have a dreaded "summer cold". Everyone says summer colds are the worst but I'm not sure why the summer cold is any worse than the winter cold. I feel just as crappy when it is 100 degrees outside as when it is 50.

2. The cold medicine I took last night (tylenol cold and sinus nighttime) leaves me significantly more hungover feeling than a vodka soda.
3. I got a B in my government class which brings my second time around at college GPA down to a 3.9.

4. I'm trying really hard to care about getting a B in that stupid class but the above mentioned drugged feeling is significantly interfering with my ability to feel shame. Or perhaps I'm so glad to be done with that stupid class that I'm willing to take the B without a second thought.




5. When I was a teenager at one point I had 20 or so penpals most of whom I got through the official U2 fan magazine. I wrote a lot of letters! I only ever met one of them.

6. I love fabric stores. I'm not particularly artistic or creative but fabric stores, particularly decorator fabrics like you would use to upholster or make curtains, just bring me great pleasure. The colors, textures and designs are just yummy! I wonder if there's a hidden talent in there that has something to do with fabric and design?

7. I need to go to a fabric store because I want to make a valance for the toilet room in my bathroom. The little window is small enough that I could use a really expensive fabric and only need a little of it! Kind of gets me excited....In fact I'm sure I would be very excited if I weren't still drugged from my cold medicine (see number 2 above).


8. I HATE sponge bob. Having watched a ridiculous amount of T.V. over the last week, I can tell you I hear that stupid laugh ringing in my house and just cringe. I imagine a bunch of nickelodeon execs sitting around going, "Well, we've got kids watching a little girl solve mysteries while her pet monkey wears red books, a blue dog that doesn't talk with a goofy wide eyed guy looking for paw prints -- what else can we do? Twenty bucks says they'll even watch a show about a yellow ocean sponge that wears tiddy whitey underwear."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sending some tissue your way - poor you!
I hate Sponge Bob, too!!!!