Friday, August 17, 2007

In the end it will be worth it...






We are replacing the floors in our house. This is something I have wanted to do since we moved in 4 1/2 years ago. The budget then wouldn't allow it. Well, actually, there was so muchother stuff that desparately needed to be done we ahppily looked at the dark grey carpet and said, "Oh, it's not so bad!" So 4 1/2 years later the 10 year old carpet is disgusting. Seriously, there are places that should be placed in a biohazard bag and incinerated because it has been biologically contaminated by so many animals. So we decided that before I start school we are getting new floors. Laminate downstairs and new carpet for the bedrooms. It is going to look soooooooooo nice. But in the meantime, my living room and dining room furniture is all crammed in the den and there is a fine layer of dust all over EVERYTHING! I'm not a particularly fastidious housekeeper but seeing my house completely destroyed makes me feel a little shaky! I'll publish before and afters when it is all done but for today how about some "in progress" shots.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yikes! "In progress" translates to "ulcer" for me. But I can't WAIT to see the "after" shots.

K. said...

how fun! i'm such a looky-loo for other people's homes and reno antics.

Unknown said...

Alright... where are those "after" photos??? Waiting impatiently...