Friday, January 18, 2008

It's raining, it's pouring...

So today I finally have a day off from school after all week of sitting in class listening to lectures.  I got up early so that I could get in a nice long run before everyone got up.  Just as I was finishing my coffee and getting ready to head out, guess what I hear tap tap tapping at the window pane....That;s right it is raining.  Now some very dedicated runners would go anyway, I suppose.  But it is windy, raining, dark and about 45 degrees.  I'm not that dedicated.  
Maybe I'll hit that YMCA after everyone goes to school.

Today's to do list....
1. YMCA workout.  I don't like running on the treadmill, BORING but I want activity points (a weight watchers thing...)
2.  Balance my checkbook and pay necessary bills.  That needed to be done earlier this week but there just wasn't any time.  
3.  Do some school work. I have an assignment due Tuesday I'd like to knock out today because I also have two tests on Tuesday: a medication calculation exam (no pressure, it's like the one last semester pass/fail. passing is 100, failing is everything else) and an exam in women's health over pregnancy (not too worried about that one.  After 7 hours of lectures yesterday I learned approximately one new thing, the stretchiness of fertile cervical fluid is called Spinbarkheit.)
4. Purchase oldest daughter's first real make up.  Let me say that again. Purchase oldest daughter's first real make up.  Which she is allowed to wear tonight to her first school dance.  And just so this sinks in too...Which she is allowed to wear tonight to her first school dance.  Aiyiyiyi  I learned all about fetal development yesterday in class but I still have no idea where the last 11 years went.  
5. Take my new jeans to the tailor. I got two pairs of jeans about 2 weeks ago with a Christmas gift card but haven't gotten them shortened yet so I haven't been able to wear them.  If you aren't short you don't understand what that means but basically when you buy clothes as a short person the pants are ALWAYS too long.  And not too long like they look cute dragging a little behind you but like you have 6 or more inches cut off the bottom.  If those pants happen to have  a little boot cut action going on, by the time they are shortened, they are pretty much straight leg.  Sometimes you can find short pants off the rack but at 5'1 those are often still too long unless I wear really high heels.  My new jeans were not available in short s they are unwearable until I get them over to the tailor.

I'm sure there's more I need to do so I'll try to add to this as I think of it.  Lists always help me stay on track!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

#6. Purchase Road ID. Have you no FEAR????

Just kiddin'...but yes I SHOULD get a commission!

Amy said...

From one 5'1" -er to another: Style and Co. petite jeans are the perfect length!

Baby-Mama Runner said...

Ooooh Amy thanks for the tip! Where do you get Style and Co. I'm not familiar with that!

Amy said...

I got them at Macy's :>)