Tuesday, January 15, 2008

New semester

Started the new semester yesterday.  It was soooooo nice to have that first day not hanging over my head any more.  It was fun to see my friends and catch up on how everyone is.  One of the ladies I was in clinical with last semester asked me if I had lost weight!  HA!  As a matter of fact I had, I just didn't know how much at that point.  BUT last night after all my classes I weighed in and had lost 4.6 pounds.  I was VERY pleased.  It made the fact that on Saturday  I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich at a great little burger joint worth it!  

The first day of the semester is always a little crazy with the faculty seeming to find the LEAST efficient way of doing administrative things and then complaining that we just don't have enough time to get through the material for the semester.  Computer problems abound.  The lab is packed with everyone in the entire building trying to print out ever piece of paper for the entire semester at the exact same time.  But at the end of the day the fact is that despite all the problems, I am back in the swing of things.  Another semester!  I'm pretty excited!  I'll have two clinical days this week (actually maybe even one clinical day and one clinical night, I could end up with a 3p-11p shift, which I think would be just fine.) and one of my clinicals is in Women's Health which translates into OB!  It will be interesting to see if there is really anything new to learn beyond memorizing a few sets of normal values.  Honestly, I'd be surprised if there is...

Gotta make school lunches (including one for your truly!)


1 comment:

Unknown said...

High five to you upon your return! Here's to a great semester!